Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Quilting Like There's No Tomorrow

'myspace'myspace'myspace

Howdy! I have been amazed at how busy I had been lately. In December 2006, there was Christmas preparations done and Christmas Day was celebrated with a low key then. My third grandchild’s early arrival was not in our 2006 plan, so we were all caught unprepared. My daughter in law’s due date was supposed to be in February this year but seemed that was some arithmetic error somewhere.

Well, December last year was celebrated with both happiness and sadness. The happy and sad events were that two little angels was born in the festive season of Christmas but one of them passed on to have Christmas with angels and saints in God’s beautiful heaven.

Then came the Chinese Lunar Year of the Pig (my Chinese Zodiac Year) and the activities that kept me busy (besides the usual routines, of course) was taking our family for visiting dear friends who invited us to their “open-house”. Usually like any festive seasons celebrated throughout Malaysia, sumptuous Malaysian cuisines and cookies and beverages are served. On Chinese New Year, my young nieces and grandchildren looked forward to receiving “ang pow” from the host of each celebrant. Besides visiting, my grandchildren and I were chasing after the Lion Dance performances around town! See, the New Year started with lots of interesting events and basically I could hardly find the time to ever continue with my interests and hobbies like gardening, quilting and sorting out boxes of stamp and coins collections.

It saddened me to see all those piles of unfinished quilt blocks, tops, scraps and stitchery blocks lying on the quilting table. Everyday I will be looking at the same sight again and again. J Guess I didn’t think about getting them finished once the top is finished. Heck!

Well, I have to admit that having several quilt tops (and by that I mean between 10 queen sizes and 25 small) quilt projects going at once I can pick and choose what I am in the mood for on any particular day!

I promised myself last year that beginning year 2007, I must spend time on my quilt works and get at as many small quilts completed before Christmas this year. Now that job did not start immediately any less! Duh! What is wrong with me? Am I having a terrible time management or is time managing me instead? I am itching to get my hands on those quilts since then but seems that these fingers are getting shorter and the person is getting lazier.

I must not let whatever the reasons maybe let me down. So, today I started with cutting and piecing blocks (yet again, more UFOs) for my new grandson. The story about this baby quilt continues and I will share with you the end story soon (hopefully). This quilt got to be finished so I can give it away as a gift at my grandson’s baptism day.

Till then, happy quilting to all quilters and to all the hobbyists out there enjoy whatever you are doing. God bless and wishing you and yours a Happy Lent Season.

'myspace'myspace'myspace

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home