Sunday, March 18, 2007

Netball

The company I work for is celebrating it's mega work-life-balance activities and this year will be organising a series of outdoor and indoor games in the run-up to April's Mega WHPH. Eligible staffs are encouraged to participate, both in the run activities as well as during the mega event in April. The "heat" of most of the event has started as early as March and I am participating in the netball game. Netball is not a foreign game to me but a new sport for me for the reason that I have never ever play netball before in my life! Due to the shortage of players to form a team in our department, I was invited and I voted myself voluntarily as "reserve". Well, my team members believe I could do better than as a reserve player so they put me as "centre" and/or "wing defense" player.

Prior to the BIG Day, we learn more about the game rules; we practised, keep fit and held a few friendly game with other teams. Our first game was held on Friday evening 9th March at the Petroleum Recreation Club's netball field in Lutong. We lose in our first game but we won on another, which was held on Friday evening 16th March at the Basketball court of the same club.

Now we are looking forward to more competitions lined up for the next few weeks until April 2007.

The above picture was taken during our first game. Those ladies wearing yellow bibs are my team members and see how aggressive they all are! LOL!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home